We offer basic boating courses in Charlottetown*
NEW: Beyond Boating Basics Online Course
Boating 2 – Beyond Boating Basics
Wednesdays Jan. 23-March 13, 7-9 PM AST
From your home computer
Online registration: Click Here.
The PCOC makes sure you have immediate navigation and safety skills but it’s just the beginning of what you should know when you get on a boat. In this second course of our Boating Series, you are introduced to the art of navigation, anchoring, ropes, line, knots and what to expect when the boat is moving under power. This course also has a number of optional topics that will be taught depending on your interests, including towing, trailering and a check list for layup and launch.
This online course includes all lessons in video format available on a 24/7 basis (via Vimeo), a course manual covering all learning points including study questions, instructor-facilitated weekly online sessions and one-on-one (in-person or online support from a local CPS-ECP tutor).
The weekly online classes offer a review of lesson material, an opportunity for students to ask questions to the instructor and for the instructor to ask challenge questions to the students to ensure an understanding. The weekly online classes for this course take place on Wednesday evenings at 7:00 PM Atlantic Time. The in-person or online support sessions with the CPS-ECP tutor includes assistance with reading charts, plotting, knot tying, etc.
For more information contact Adriana McCrea: email@example.com
Full table of contents:
Register online for other current courses, offered when there is interest and local instructors:
See another course you would like to take?
1. Phone or email Gerald MacDougall in Charlottetown at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and course(s) or leave a message on his home phone and he will get back to you: (902)368-8092. Or use the handy contact form below.
2. Submit contact form below to request a course or ask questions
Interested in taking any of these courses in PEI? Let us know using the form below.
CPS-ECP offers online, self-study and tutored options.
All the CPS-ECP Boating Courses
Visit www.cps-ecp.ca to learn more about Canadian Power and Sail Squadrons, membership and all their courses.
- Boating 1 (Basic Boating) -- PCOC card, also available in Mandarin
- Boating 2 & 3 (Beyond Basics and Introduction to Navigation)
- PCOC for Youth
- Boating 4 (Near Shore Navigation 1, was Seamanship)
- Boating 5 (Near Shore Navigation 2, was Advanced Piloting)
- Boating 6 (Off Shore Navigation 1, was Junior Navigator)
- Boating 7 (Off Shore Navigation 2, was Global Navigation)
- Boat & Engine Maintenance
- Extended Cruising
- Marine Electronics
- Introduction to Weather
- Fundamentals of Weather
- Global Weather
- Marine Electrical Maintenance